Do you want to update your Lenovo laptop? But do not know how to update a Lenovo laptop?
All laptops show different types of problems from time to time. But, if you do not update the Lenovo laptop from time to time, then indeed it will show numerous more problems. Laptop often shows some technical glitches or your Laptop has some problems in the operating system, maybe some corrupted files or the screen may be damaged or have some problems.
Then no worry. Because I write this article to help you, before updating a Lenovo laptop, you should gather some information, e.g. how much time it will take? Is it safe to update your Lenovo laptop? Are windows update and Lenovo system update is same or not? And most importantly, how you can update your Lenovo laptop?
Well, nothing to scare. Because in this article, I explain every step to update Lenovo laptop in an unambiguous and straightforward language so that even a person who has nontechnical can update a Lenovo laptop at home. But if you are extra cautious and don’t want to do the up-gradation by yourself, and then go to your nearby service centre.
You wanted to update your Lenovo laptop because you tried to use your Laptop for some more years. But the world is changing very rapidly. The changes that occurred in the last 100 years are more dramatic and significant, and then the changes happen in the past.
The world of tech changes even faster. So, in this rapidly changing world, if you want to use your old Laptop for some more years, then you should continuously update your Laptop to catch up with the world unless you will be left behind.
You can still use an old laptop even though you do not update it. But then you will face several difficulties because the developers of every software continue to add new functionality to their application.
Those updated, new software will consume more processing power. Thus, your old Laptop will face problems while running those functions. That’s why doing the regular Update is very important. Updating your old Lenovo laptop is not very difficult. You can easily update your Lenovo laptop by yourself at your home.
So, now let’s start with the topic ‘How to update your Lenovo laptop? But before that update your window. Only then go for updating a Lenovo laptop.
What is the Lenovo System Update?
Lenovo System Update is a type of updater program that means it helps to update the system, programmes, applications, and the function automatically. Windows has this service, and it runs on the background as a service. This function of the windows is very beneficial because it automatically starts up during the booting up process of the Lenovo laptop.
It checks for updates, and if Microsoft brings any new update, this function will detect it and automatically downloads and installs them in your Lenovo Laptop if found based on the user’s settings. To do the up-gradation follows these steps—
Step 1: Launch System update
To start the up-gradation of a Lenovo laptop, at first start the System update from your Lenovo laptop. To do this, first, click the ‘Start’ button. Then navigate and click in ‘All programme.’ A window appears and selects ‘Lenovo’ from there. Finally, click on the ‘Lenovo System Update.’
This is one method. There is another method to launch the ‘Lenovo system update.’ At first click on the ‘Start’ button. Then open the control panel. At last type ‘Lenovo-Update and Drivers.’ You can try either one. Both can be used to access the ‘Lenovo system update.’ Use one based on your preferences.
Step 2: Get a new Update:
After clicking on the ‘Lenovo System Update,’ a windowsill appears. This window is a welcome screen and gives some information on it. If you have time, you can read it. These are several options there on the left side of the screen such as ‘Welcome’, ‘Get new Updates’, ‘Install deferred Updates’, ‘Advance’, ‘Schedule update’, etc.
Click at the ‘Next’ button, which is situated at the bottom right corner to continue the up-gradation process. Or you can also click the ‘Get New Update Links’. Both will do the same thing.
Step 3: Click OK and give all the permission:
A window named Think vantage System Updates will appear. It will ask for your permission to send your data to the Lenovo Help Centre. Click ‘OK’ to grant permission. Now the Lenovo Help The centre can access all of the information on your Laptop. You have to give this permission unless the process is incomplete.
‘Do not ask me again. I agree on sending this information every time’ select and click on this option. This will block the permission window whenever the Lenovo Help centre needs to access your data. If you click this, the process will be a little straightforward.
Step 4: A window appears which shows the progress of the process of searching this process will take some time. It will be completed when the search process will be 100 per cent. Could you wait until it becomes100 per cent? On the bottom left corner, a cancel bottom will be there. Could you not click on it? If any problem appears of the kind, only then click the bottom, because it will stop the searching process.
Step 5: Click ‘OK’
After the completion of the searching process, a window named Licence Notice will appear on the screen. To progress further, you need to accept the terms of the licence.
To do that, select the “I agree to this License Notice for all future
Packages. Do not show me this License Notice again” option.
Then click ‘OK’ from the bottom right corner. By doing this, you agree with the terms and conditions of the company’s policy.
Step 6: Review each tab and select the Needed updates.
There are four different kinds of option available there. Select each one and do the required Update. The different types of options are as follows—
- Critical Updates – These are the kinds of Update which are very critical. These updates are needed to be done by anyway, as the name suggests. So, click this option and install every opportunity which was present there.
- Recommended Updates – As the name suggests, the Lenovo Company recommend these updates. So, review these updates and install the one by one.
- Optional Updates – The name suggests, these are the optional updates. These are not mandatory. If you can update and install them, this will be great if you do not install the updated pack, then no problem.
- Extras – This contains options for your system type. It can include both accessories and software. You can also review these options to update them.
But, update the Critical and recommended option and only then go for optional and extras.
Step 7: Defer Installation
Defer installation option will allow your Laptop only to download the updated pack, but it does not will be installed in your Laptop.
- Then you have to click on the Updates tab.
- Then expand the window by clicking the arrow. Or you Can also click on the expand all button to view the driver details.
- Then you can check the defer installation box.
- Then you have to click ‘Next’.
- After that, click Download.
- After clicking the download, the download process will be started, and after the completion of the download process, click the installed ‘Deferred Update link’. This link will be situated on the menu, which is located on the left side of the windows.
- Then check and review the driver which you want to update.
- Then click Next and finally click Install.
Warning: Lenovo System Updates can include firmware updates. Firmware updates mustn’t be prevented. Hence, we suggest you complete the System Updates with the computer connected to AC power and a fast Internet connection (either NMU Wi-Fi or NMU Ethernet) at a time and place where the Update will not be suspended. If this is something you perform not knows sufficient doing yourself, please visit the Helpdesk and receive a demand to have Micro Repair complete the updates. You should withdraw up your files before coming in, and Micro Repair currently assumes a 2-hour turnaround time to have your Laptop ready.
The step-by-step process to upgrade the Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10:
Step 1: Verify that the system supports Windows 10upgrade.
Step 2: View issues with Windows 10 upgrade.
Step 3: Back up data and files.
Step 4: Create recovery discs for the current version of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1.
Step 5: Update the BIOS and drivers before the upgrade.
Step 6: Upgrade to Windows 10.
Step 7: Update your Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 drivers after the upgrade.
Follow this above procedure step by step to upgrade the operating system of your Lenovo laptop. If you have a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, then you can follow this process to update your laptops operating system to the Windows 10.
Follow the following steps to allow automatic Windows update on your Lenovo Laptop. The various major thing to recollect is that the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade could clean your settings and apps. There’s an alternative to store your files and personal data, but because of variations between Windows 10 and Windows 7, it’s not always possible to keep all of your existing apps. Make sure you’ve regarded what apps you regularly use so you can instantly reach them by downloading the installers again. Windows 8.1 can additionally, be upgraded the same way, but without requiring to wash your applaud settings.
For Windows 7—
- Pick the Start button. Under the search box, begin Update, and later, in the list of results, decide Windows Update.
- During the left pane, select Change settings, and then following Important updates, preferred Install updates automatically.
- Following Recommended updates, decide the Give me recommended updates the identical way I collect essential updates check box and then pick OK.
- To check for updates manually, begin the Control The panel, click ‘System and Security’, then ‘Windows Update’. In the left-hand pane, click ‘Check for updates’. Install all updates and restart your computer if prompted.
For Windows 8—
- Open Windows Update with swiping in of the right-handed of the screen (or, if you’re utilising a mouse, looking to the lower-right edge of the screen and going the mouse pointer up), picked Settings > Changeup settings > Update and recovery > Windows Update.
- If you require to inspect for updates manually, preferred Check now.
- Pick Choose how updates get installed, and next below Important updates, choose to Install updates automatically (recommended).
- Below Recommended updates, pick the Give me confirmed updates the identical way I hold essential updates limit box.
- Following Microsoft Update, select the Deliver me update for other Microsoft software while I update Windows restraint box and then like Apply.
For Windows 10—
- Choose the Start key, then choose Settings > Update& security > Windows Update.
- If you require verifying for updates manually, picked Check for updates.
- Decide Advanced options, and later below Determine how updates are installed, pick Automatic.
How to update your Lenovo laptop? -The Final Thoughts
At last, I am hopeful as well as optimistic that you will get some value from this article. I tried to give the most authentic and genuine information in this article. Still, if you face any problems during system update of your Lenovo laptop, nothing to worry.
You can go to your nearby Lenovo service centre. The purpose of this service centre is to help the customer when they face any problem. You can trust them, and they will carefully update your Lenovo Laptop.
I hope you find this article informative and helpful. Still, if you have any doubts or any questions, regarding the update your Lenovo laptop, then leave a message in the comment section below. I will answer your questions to solve your problems.