Dell is one of the finest brands when it comes to purchasing a quality laptop. However, buying a laptop brings lots of questions in mind about warranty, features, etc. Dell provides a 1-year warranty on all laptops it sells. Suppose any hardware failures are encountered during this period.
In that case, the customer will get the device repaired or replaced without any extra charges through Dell laptop warranty. But what if the warranty period ended? How To Check Dell Laptop Warranty? These are the questions that are hanging around your and my mind too.
Dell users can also choose to get an extended warranty. Consumer laptops can opt up to a four-year extension from the date of purchase. However, commercial laptop users can extend this warranty for up to five years.
Usually, most buyers tend to forget the original date of purchase, and it becomes an issue when claiming a warranty. If a Dell laptop is showing signs of hardware or software failure, then it needs servicing. If you want it to be repaired on the warranty, then check if the device is still in the warranty period.
Are you thinking about How To Check Dell Laptop Warranty? The warranty status of Dell laptops can be checked in diverse ways.
Dell Laptop Warranty Period
All Dell laptops are sold with a standard 1-year warranty from the date of the invoice. Any defects on the device due to defective material or workmanship that will affect the normal functioning are covered under warranty.
However, the standard warranty does not cover any damages or failures in the device caused by external agents like abuse, accident, and misuse, including electrical power, storage, maintenance, or installation. Customers can opt to extend the warranty up to 4 years before the standard warranty expires. Let’s read about How To Check Dell Laptop Warranty.
How to Check Dell Laptop Warranty Status Online?
Are you looking for How To Check Dell Laptop Warranty status online? Customers with a service tag or express service code of Dell laptop can check the warranty online with a few simple clicks. The service tag is present on the back of the device. If the service code is not available for some reason, the second method can be used.
The following are the steps involved in checking the Dell warranty status online.
- Customers need to visit the official Dell warranty page. You can be redirected directly from here.
- The warranty status of the device can be viewed by submitting the service tag or express service code.
- Once you submit the service code, you will be redirected to Dell’s official page, where you can see warranty start and end dates.
- All this information is available free of cost.
Read Also How to Check HP Laptop Warranty
How to Check Dell Laptop Warranty Status Using Support Assist?
Individuals who cannot find the service tag information on their Dell laptops can run the inbuilt support assistant tool to check the warranty status.
Following are the steps of checking warranty using the support assist tool:
- Most laptops come equipped with the Dell support assistant program if it is not installed, customers can download it from the Dell website. It is free to install, and users do not require paying any amount for a Dell support assistant.
- After opening the support assist program, the device’s warranty status can be viewed on the left-hand side pane.
- It also displays the expected date, service tag number, expiry date of the warranty, and even an option to upgrade the warranty.
- Along with the warranty status, you can get the option for checking hardware status and system optimization.
How to Check Dell Laptop Warranty Status by Call Dell Customer Support?
Customers can check the Dell laptop warranty and device status by calling the customer care and telling the express service code or service tag. The Dell customer support service is available for a limited time from 9am to 6pm from Monday to Saturday.
The number to reach customer support of Dell is 1800-425-4002. Other than calling, you can mail your query to Dell customer support.
Issues That Are Not Covered Under the Warranty
Dell Warranty doesn’t cover the following issues:
- Broken laptop base panel door Hinges.
- Broken screen, black spots or lines on the screen.
- Broken charger cable.
- Missing keyboard keys.
- Physical damage like scratches or dents.
- Damage due to water or any type of fluid.
- Damage due to short circuit.
- Software related issues due to a third-party application.
What Should I Do If Dell Laptop Warranty Expires?
If you find that your Dell laptop’s warranty has expired, there are a few options to avail of technical support from Dell. This will be the perfect time for extending the warranty on your laptop by purchasing an accidental damage service that will take care of all the repairs and replacements and system damages that are not covered by the standard Dell laptop warranty. The status and availability can be checked using the Dell support website.
First, locate the service tag on your device and keep this information handy before making a call on checking the details on their website. The service tag code comprises 5 to 7 alphanumeric characters which are unique for every device. The product ID is also known as express service code consisting of 10 to 11 numeric and is also needed for warranty check.
Extension of Warranty
You can easily extend your Dell laptop’s warranty for 4 years on consumer devices and 5 used on commercial devices by contacting their customer support via call or website.
Requesting or Repair from Dell Support
- Identification of the failure or issue on the device.
- Checking the warranty status from the Dell support site.
- If the device is out of warranty, Dell’s technical support should be contacted.
- Technicians will check the device over a phone call and provide an estimate for chargeable repair if requested.
- If you wish to get your laptop repaired, an acknowledgment will be generated as the quote’s acceptance.
- After successful payment, the repair request will be accepted and processed.
What Is the Cost of Extending the Warranty?
Hope your question that how to check the dell laptop warranty is answered. You can also extend your warranty. Dell extended warranty will give you complete peace of mind as it takes care of all types of hardware defects that can arise after the standard warranty expires. You can purchase the extended warranty plan within the manufacturer’s warranty. Coverage can extend up to 3 to 4 years based on the type of device and original warranty.
The On-site go extended warranty plan is a continuation of the standard manufacturer warranty for additional two years. You can purchase this plan within the warranty period. The cost of a 1 year extended warranty plan is around ₹6000, while a 2 year will cost you around ₹8500. Accidental damage plans are available for ₹10500 but must be bought within 45 days of purchasing the device.
On-site extended Dell laptop warranty plans for one year cost around ₹1399 and ₹1999 for 2 years based on the laptop’s original price.
Dell provides its customers with complete service assistance through the on-site extended warranty and guarantees a 14-day repair order placement of the device. If the laptop cannot be repaired within the same period, you will get a completely new replacement device with equivalent features.
- Can I extend my laptop warranty one year after purchasing the laptop?
The standard warranty can be extended as per the user’s requirement for an extra cost. For Dell laptops, the warranty can be extended up to 4 years for consumer devices, and after 5 years for commercial devices. However, the laptop warranty can only be extended if the previous warranty is into service. Customers must purchase the extended warranty plan before the standard warranty expires.
- Is my Dell laptop warranty valid in some other country?
Multinational laptop manufacturers like Dell usually permit warranty transfer to different countries provided an equivalent model is available in that country. The company must also have a complete sales and service network in that country.
- Does Dell laptop warranty cover theft?
All types of warranty cover on Dell laptops are only for hardware damages and failures. Any damage caused due to natural calamities, intentional damage, theft, or loss is not covered under warranty.
- Where can I find my service tag number to check the warranty status of my Dell laptop warranty?
You can quickly look at the bottom side of your laptop to find the Dell service tag number. If you do not find the number, then run the Dell Service Assistant program on your computer, and the number will be displayed.
- How to detect my Dell laptop life?
There are multiple ways of checking the warranty on your Dell laptop. The warranty status can be checked by calling Dell customer support or visiting the Dell support website.
The above information about dell laptop warranty covers every aspect which you need to know while purchasing a new laptop or extending the warranty period. Hope you find the info useful and we had answered your question i.e how to check dell laptop warranty.
NSS Laptop Service Center
Are you looking for a service center on which you can trust? Then the NSS laptop service center is the place which will gain your trust. We are a team of professional and experienced hardware engineers who are qualified to repair all top brand laptops. Find us near you.