Google Chrome owns around 70% market as a web browser, globally. Thus, the common glitch of Google Chrome not connecting to internet or Google chrome not connecting to Wifi is a grave issue for Chrome lovers around the globe. Further, it really nags users when they face the Google Chrome not connecting to internet Windows 10 problem when the other browsers are working fine on the same system. Admittedly, the spartan interface and the seamless Google integration makes Chrome a stand out within the popular web browser group. Coming back to the core problem. Thankfully, there are an array of workarounds to address this Chrome is not connecting to internet or Wifi issue, and we will hunt it down at its bud. Now, before we start, you need to understand that it’s a Chrome browser centric problem by taking into consideration that the other web browsers are working fine and they are connecting the web without a glitch. Why I’m telling this is that I have snaked through a considerable number of articles on the web targeting the same issue of internet not working on Chrome situation. And, most of those articles tell you to check your Wifi router or LAN settings to solve the problem. Many of them will tell you to check your network adapter’s DNS values for the same. But, I bet, it will be far more sensible to check the Chrome browser settings. Whether you are using Windows, Macintosh, or Linux, changing the Google Chrome settings is always the same and it’s the simplest process to start with for debugging the problem.
Google Chrome not connecting to internet: Fix-1To reset Google Chrome and alter the internet not working in Chrome condition, follow the steps described below:
- Launch Google Chrome. Move to the top right corner of the browser and locate the three-dotted menu option there.
- Click on the menu and on the drop-down list select ‘Settings’.
- On the settings page, at the bottom, click the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Come to the bottom of the advanced settings page and locate the ‘Reset Settings’ button and click on it to launch the ‘reset chrome’ dialog box.
- Now, on the final dialog box choose to reset Google Chrome to its default value.
Is Google Chrome Not Being Up to date The Reason of Chrome not connected to internet? Fix-2When you are facing the problem that’s Google Chrome not connecting to internet, have you checked whether Chrome is up to date or not? Maybe Google Chrome does not connect to internet because it demands an update. Yep, at times it’s like a necessary evil that we can not avoid. One of the cardinal factors of Google Chrome to function in a glitchless way is whether it has the latest updates from its official web place or not. So, first thing’s first. You need to know the current version of Google Chrome that you are running. It will diagnose the cause behind Chrome internet not working trouble. Now, to do that follow these steps below:
- Go to the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ menu placed at the top-right corner.
- Click it to n the menu item.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the ‘Help’ menu and on the slide-out menu box, choose the ‘About Google Chrome’ menu option.
- Now, on the newly opened tab, you will get to know the current version of chrome that you are running.
- The latest updates contain the latest web-security patches and standards that you need in an ASAP manner to get rid of Google Chrome not connecting to internet problem.
- The latest features from Google like password checkup and tab grouping enhance your web browsing experience.
- Performance issue fixes and less prone to the troubles like Google Chrome does not connect to internet.
Disable Hardware Acceleration To Solve Google Chrome not Connecting to Internet Problem: Fix-3At times, the solution to this problem lies in the Chrome settings like – Hardware acceleration. Now, normally it remains in ‘Enable’ condition. According to the Chrome official QA forum, disabling this option can solve this Google Chrome does not connect to internet status even when other browsers on your machine are working fine with the same internet/Wifi connection. Now, follow these commands to change this situation:
- Go to the ‘more’ option of google chrome on the top-right corner of the browser and displayed as ‘┇‘.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ option on the bottom of the page.
- Look for the ‘System’ section under the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on the ‘System’ to go to the hardware acceleration option and if that’s on or enabled, disable the same.
Turn of Chrome’s Extensions to Alter the Google Chrome does not connect to internet status: Fix-4At times, you may find that some websites are not getting visible on Google Chrome where other web addresses are getting connected through it eaily. Now, if a particular web address is not getting opened on Chrome, try to open the same web address from an ‘Incognito Window’. Now, if the web address gets opened on the incognito window, then there may be some glitch within Chrome’s ‘Extensions’ which is leading to the disturbing consequence of Chrome not connected to internet. To go to extensions, follow this path:
- go to ‘┇‘ or more >> Hover the mouse pointer over ‘More Tools’ >> Move to the option ‘Extensions’ and click on it. You can open a new tab and key in this address: ‘chrome://extensions/’ to launch the ‘Extension’ page.
- On the ‘Extensions’ page slide off the active button of each extension to the inactive condition and relaunch Chrome and see whether the Google Chrome not connecting to internet Windows 10 or other OS problem remains the same or it gets solved. Further, you can always update and repair faulty extensions on this page too to address this Google Chrome does not connect to internet issue. Added to this, you manage each extension from this page. Let’s say you trust an extension and you want to allow that extension to stay active when you open a new Chrome window in incognito mode.
- To do this, click on the ‘Details’ button that’s placed at the bottom of each extension box. Now, when you click on the details button of an extension, it will land you on the settings page of that particular extension and allow you to set some attributes of the extension. Here, two things are important namely, Site access and incognito mode. To get the best results set the ‘Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit’ option to ‘On all sites’. Also, you can choose to allow that extension to get and stay active on incognito windows.
Google Chrome not connecting to internet? Still? Fix-5Uninstall Google Chrome and reinstall it. It’s probably the most spartan way to kill this problem. Technically, when you uninstall Google Chrome from your system, all the locally saved cookies and the other data sets associated to websites that you access through Chrome get deleted. And, when you install Chrome again, it’s always a fresh start without the previous glitches. Most of the users from the Official Chrome community have solved their problem of Google Chrome does not connect to internet just by uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome. Let’s hope that this will work for you too! Moving on to the other Google Chrome connection issues, believe me, there are plenty like this ‘Google Chrome not connecting to internet’ issue. There are the most common ‘DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET‘ issue and alike glitches. You can always visit the official Google support page for Chrome. Here are some pages that will surely help you to go to the root of the problems that you are facing while using Chrome:
- Latest Google Chrome Product Updates and Fault finding Guides.
- Google Chrome Help Page.
- Chrome Web Store
- Chrome Experiments.